A visa is COMPULSORY to enter Myanmar. A 28day tourist visa is usually sufficient for most visitors. If the visa is expired by a day or two, it is possible to pay three dollars per day on departure at airport.
Currently, options for obtaining tourist visas are at the most convenient embassy or consulate, or through newly implemented e-visa system.
Individual visa and Package Tour Visa
These visas are issued by a Myanmar Embassy or Consulate. It usually takes 35 days to issue the visa. Visa Fees is US$ 30. With the confirmation of your booking, Asiantour will send the letter to the Embassy. Asiantour will need the full names, passport numbers, nationality and name of Myanmar Embassy. A copy of the letter will be send to you by fax or e-mail.
E-Visa Online System Available From 1st September 2014
This newly implemented e-visa can be submitted at http://www.myanmarevisa.gov.mm. with terms and conditions. “Yangon” and “Mandalay” are entry points for the e-visa currently.
It will take one week to process visas, and the visa must be used within three months of issuance. Payment is submitted online using either MasterCard or Visa. The e-visa will be for single-entry and is valid 28 days after entering the country. After approval, the approval letter must be printed as it will be needed to board international flights. The approval letter needs to be submitted to immigration upon arrival.
Visa On Arrival For Six Europe Countries
The Ministry of labour, Immigration and Population of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar has announced that the ordinary passport holders from the following countries are eligible to apply the Visa on Arrival (Tourist) in Myanmar Starting from 1st October 2019 for 1 year probation period;
The terms and conditions of the Visa on Arrival are as follows;
- Holders of the ordinary passport from the above- mentioned countries who travel by the flight can apply the Visa on Arrival (Tourist) at the Yangon International Airport, Mandalay International Airport and Nay Pyi Taw International Airport.
- Fee for Visa on Arrival (Tourist) is US$ 50 and duration of stay (in Myanmar) is 30 days.
- The Visa on Arrival (Tourist) will be granted for the tourism purpose only.
- Extension of stays will not be granted.
- Applicant shall abide by the existing laws and rules and regulations of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
- Applicant can travel any places except the restricted area for the security reason.
- Concerned security and Immigration authorities can deny the applicant’s entry into Myanmar.
- Applicant must depart from any International entry/ exist point of Myanmar.
- On arrival, require to bring two recent (4cm x 6cm) color photos taken within six months and confirmed return or onward tickets.
- Have a valid passport not expiring for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Myanmar
Share This Page