At Asian Tour, we strongly believe in Responsible Travel and Corporate Social Responsibility. We believe that through sustainable tourism, we can achieve socio-economic development of local communities whilst protecting the natural environment and cultural heritage. It is our promise that we ensure every traveller has sustainable, authentic, and comfortable interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and cuisine.
Asian Tour designs and operate our holidays in a way that gives the highest degree of long-term economic benefit to our host communities, whilst maintaining the natural environment, local culture and traditions. All our tours are run by local guides and experts, to which our partnerships bring benefits to the local community. We work with our local suppliers closely, encouraging them to implement and achieve the standards of our Code of Conduct.
We have a responsibility towards society to be good corporate citizens, from having a sustainable supply chain to upholding ethical practices and human rights.
Asian Tour is a pioneering Destination Management Company (DMC) not just in Myanmar but also Asia, complying with the standards of corporate social responsibility as recognized by our Travelife Partner Award. Travelife is the leading international sustainability certification for the travel industry, in which standards cover the ISO 26000 Corporate Social Responsibility themes. These include protection of environment, biodiversity, human rights and labour laws; and is formally recognized as being in full compliance with the UN supported Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria.
Asian Tour is proud to be the first TourCert certified travel agency in Myanmar. We are now a member of the TourCert community and are qualified in maintaining the high ecological and social standards of TourCert. | TourCert unites experts in tourism, academia, environment, development, and politics. All TourCert criteria are based on the international quality and environmental management standards according to the ISO and EMAS as well as the ISO guidelines for corporate responsibility (ISO 26000), and are also oriented to the international regulations of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC).
Enterprise Coaching By CBI from the Netherlands
Due to our status as an upcoming local firm providing business services of international standard, Asian Tour was one of a very few select firms chosen to be coached by the Centre for the Promotion of Imports from Developing Countries (CBI), under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The Netherlands (www.cbi.eu). CBI supports entrepreneurs to become successful exporters of goods and services to the European market, through its export coaching projects.
Asian Tour's Sustainable and Responsible Travel Policy
As a responsible travel company, we at Asian Tour are committed to the Code of Conducts of Corporate Social Responsibility, together with our German-based partners and the Travelife Sustainable System. Our involvement in responsible tourism includes primarily supporting and funding monastic schools at present.
In order to broaden our project in Myanmar, we welcome your ideas for sustainable practices and activities. Together, we can use tourism to make the world a better place.
- We do not discriminate, and we employ Myanmar locals of various ethnic and religious groups. Our guides in the different regions of Myanmar are all locals. All our office staff and guides receive job training including IATA Travel and Tourism Training Courses, Customer Service Training Modules, CSR Training Courses, Sustainability Management for Tour Operators Program, and language courses.
- We organise and strongly promote Community Based Tourism (CBT) and Community Involved Tourism (CIT) programs, and we make use of local businesses, products, and services in our tours.
- As part of our commitment to social responsibility, we support orphanages, donate to local communities, and work on social projects. We choose to work with charitable organisations over regular tour providers whenever possible.
- Before arriving to Myanmar, we sent all our clients the ‘useful information’ sheet about economic history, politics and general information the traveler might need. This sheet also provides tips to travelers on best practices while traveling (codes of conduct / guidelines for sensitive excursions or activities).
- Upon arrival, our well trained guides explain more detail about Myanmar economics, history, politics, arts and culture.
- When booking a tour or a trip, the traveler is given a clear description of what the tours entail, as well as information on how to minimize damage to local cultures.
- We well inform our clients about sustainable offers such as eco-friendly accommodations and excursions, and about sustainability issues in their destination.
- Our guides inform travelers of responsible and ethical places to purchase from local sources during their visit. We introduce our guests to local artists, projects and social cooperatives, promoting fair trade.
- Furthermore, our trips contribute to diversify local economies, to give employment to local communities as well as motivate for younger people.
- We co-operate with the government, other agencies, NGOs, partner companies and local suppliers to protect archaeological sites, items and traditions of cultural heritage.
- We educate the local community and raise awareness about environmental issues and responsible behavior.
- In our office we strive to take measures in order to reduce damage to the environment. This includes measuring, monitoring and reducing our consumption of utilities and products.
- We encourage our office staff and guides to take an active interest in responsible and sustainable tourism and train them accordingly so that they can put our policies into practice.
For further information on our sustainability policy, commitments & actions, please contact (Mr) Kyaw Pyay Oo via email: [email protected]
I really enjoyed the tour. You can learn a lot interesting facts about Yangon and Myanmar as well. I recommend it to anyone staying in the city.
Eight years of highest quality service. For the past eight years we have been leading tours in Burma. Asian Tour has served as our local partner and have never disappointed in making travel and accommodation arrangements according to our requirements.
I booked a one-day photography workshop with world-famous photographer Maung Maung through ASIAN TOUR. The process was straight-forward and easy, and the company was able to accommodate my schedule on short notice. I had a great time in Bagan and I can wholeheartedly recommend Simon and ASIAN TOUR. I am looking forward to my next adventure with them.
The tour, arranged by Asian Tours, was excellently handled from start to finish. The hotels were mid-range and comfortable with excellent breakfasts and acceptable WiFi services. The tour itself was very interesting places, from Mandalay to Barak to Yangon, our final destination. We were able to visit some hand-craft centers that we found extremely interesting. The time flew by, and now we are sorry that the tour is over.... Read More
I did travel in Myanmar with the arrangement of Asian Tour in October 2017. We are a group of 5 friends. The arrangement are just perfect. Logistic works as a clock. Every time we arrive, our guides are always ready. Guides are just perfect as knowledgeable, initiative and helpful. Car drivers are also very good. Vehicles are always clean and they drive carefully and safely. We recommend Asian Tour... Read More
via Google Reviews
The BEST tour company in Myanmar - strongly recommended Our travel agent and his team planned and executed a flawless Myanmar 26 days trip for our family. The sites were first rate, the guides were professional and very knowledgeable, the drivers courteous and always on time, and all travel logistics were handled smoothly from start to finish. We highly recommend this travel company and this agent and will be... Read More
Had a great time on our heritage walk. Very informative. Saw a lot of highlights of Yangon as well as a lot of local stuff. Very knowledgable, would highly recommend.
This holiday was totally unique, the ten-days was the perfect getaway from work, just what I needed. We spent an extra day in Mandalay at the start ad two days in Yangon at the finish to top off the experience. We were sorry to leave which kinda says it all. Kudos, by the way, to the local tour group, Asian Tour, whose guides were charming, fluent in English, and... Read More
via Responsible Travel
Extremely professional and reliable tour agency !!! We arranged all our travel formalities including visa to Myanmar via Asian Tour. We appreciate fantastic information about Myanmar on their web page and perfect e-mail contact 24/7 in good English. Top organization of the tour from the very beginning at Yangoon airport. Perfect itinerary covering all important places in Myanmar with private car,boat,plane etc. We were luckily only two persons on... Read More